top of page

Subdivisions of Land

Land Division Less than an Acre
As of July 28, 1997, the Land Division Act requires local health department approval for new parcels less than one acre and not served by public sewer and/or public water, in accord with MDEQ rules, before the municipality may issue a building permit. Information regarding the on-site water supply and on-site sewage treatment must be submitted to the Health Department for review before approval may be granted.

Subdivision and Site Condominium Submittals
The following is a basic outline of what is required for a subdivision and site condo submittal to the Health Department.

  • Site Report form completed by the owner or designated representative

  • Plat Drawing

  • Supportive information for Water Supply suitability

  • Supportive information for Sewage System suitability

bottom of page